Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Neueranfang
      Participant

I left my abusive partner (Ex) a few months ago but things have escalated again recently.I had threats to kill (via email, horrendous name calling), stalking and a smashed car window.I reported this to police and they are now looking to arrest him but without any luck so far.I received more emails from him.This time he is saying sorry and telling me he will commit suicide.It’s emotionally draining.Does anyone have experience with this?Are abusers likely to commit suicide or is it likely to be a threat ?xx

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey, I will tag you in a post I made similar to yours last year about my partner’s threats of suicide, some of the replies may help. X

Neueranfang
      Participant

Thank you xx

Melonballs
      Participant

Hi lovely!

I think the more vocal they are, the less chance there is.
      I know from experience, if you’re going to do it, you don’t say anything, you slink off quietly.

Look after you. You are not responsible for others actions, thoughts or opinions.

Have a hug from me xx

Scarecrow
      Participant

Hi Neueranfang (great handle by the way!),

It’s a really tough thing to deal with isn’t it? The one thing that i really wanted to say was that whether or not he does choose to end his life, it will be his own doing. I believe that they use these threats to keep you under their control. They make you feel guilty, ‘they can’t live without you’, you’ve ‘made their life not worth living’ etc etc. As harsh as this sounds, if he is going to kill himself then he will, it is not your responsibility to save him nor is it your fault. These men know exactly what they are doing. They also know what buttons to push to get the maximum effect.

Please take care of yourself,

Hugs

Scarecrow

KIP.
      Participant

Change your email and phone number. He’s not your responsibility and he’s dragging you into his drama. It’s very common for abusers to threaten suicide to try to regain control. You need to take back that control by blocking him x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content