Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      duvetday
      Participant

Hi,
      I have barely felt positive about anything for months now but…despite dreading Xmas for weeks and weeks I ended up having a nice quiet (non Christmassy) day with my sister. We did really relaxing things and I felt happy for most of the day. I had lots of memories of my ex and thinking about this time last year (when I was having a complete emotional and mental crisis/breakdown) and there was one thing that threw me off a bit in the evening…but yeh, I just surprised myself I guess that the day went ok 🙂 ♡♡

Anewbreath
      Participant

That is great news duvet day 🙂 I had a quiet non xmassy day as well. I am sick so I couldnt spend it with all of my family at the normal celebrations but i was grateful for the quiet and i was grateful to have a day not filled with any of my abuser’s drama. I had a restful, peaceful day with my mum. Life can definitely be good after abuse. 😊

duvetday
        Participant

Aw that’s great Anewbreath 🙂 glad to hear someone else had a nice day. And yeh, I’m starting to see that life can be ok after abuse. Hope you feel better soon x

Freedomfighter
      Participant

So glad to hear you both had a good Christmas and that peace of mind and happiness are possible after leaving. It was that thought which got me through my Christmas- next year I hope to be posting something similar! Congratulations to both of you for escaping and thanks for sharing and inspiring people like me 😊

duvetday
        Participant

Hi Freedomfighter, thanks for your reply. Sometimes I worry about posting positive stuff cos I know most of us here are struggling so much.. but on my really down days it can help me too to read other people’s positive experiences so im glad it gave you hope. I hope that next Xmas will be a better one for you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content