Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bluesky88
      Participant

After so long of not being allowed to do anything around the house because I ‘do it all wrong’, I have begun to take back control by doing a load of washing and hanging it up and putting clothes away. Sounds small, but I’ve never been allowed during this whole time so far after previously being a very independent single mother doing all these things on my own. I’m preparing to separate from him and this is showing me that I don’t have anything to fear, I can do this. He would always tell me he did everything around the house to ‘help me’ but if I dared to try, would criticise me and put me down and tell me I do everything wrong and made me feel small and stupid and inadequate. But if I didn’t do anything, I’d then get relentlessly moaned at. So I’ve never been able to win! But I’ve started trying to live my life on my own even though he’s still here and it feels so good. It I hope is also showing him that I don’t need him anyway!
      Small steps but huge progress 🙂

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I’m happy for you. Well done. It’s in the daily things we slowly take back our power. It’s so big. Because rediscovering your capabilities and independence leads to what else can you do? And step by step you’re regaining power over every action, every breath you breathe then eventually ask yourself why not get yourself an entire life of freedom, free of abuse.
      You go girl, enjoy your achievement and keep safe okay.
      Happy Women’s Day to you!!💕💪💃

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content