Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #12779

      My ex had been ordered by the court to run things past my mum,who will then liaise with me.

      He never contacts my mum about contact. He had told her he intends to ‘phase her out.’ He just tells my youngest what will happen.

      He’s meant to ask for my agreement to take my youngest out of the country, or at least inform my mum and give me a chance to respond with my view. My youngest says my ex has booked for them to go abroad for two weeks.

      I know he’s hoping this will scare me. This country is in the EU. But how do I know He’s not going elsewhere? I haven’t seen the flight booking.

      This is just a continuation of my marriage- my opinion isn’t important, and I should shut up and be kept down.

      I’m not going to panic and head down to court like a quivering mess. That’s what he wants me to do. Appear unstable and controlling. I don’t want my son stressed out.

      But what should I do?

    • #12781

      Call Rights of Women and the NSPCC. They will advise you what to do. He may even commit a crime by making this decision on his own. You could sue him for child abduction once you have all the info. Do not talk to him and do not let your child know. Maybe you let him fall into a nice trap that he digs for himself?

    • #12852

      Thanks, Ayanna.

      I know my so,I tie said not to panic if he goes within the EU – as my child can be brought back- but what if he went further?

      I will call the NSPCC again. They are great.


    • #12870

      Hi HUn

      he cant take abroad without your permission, my solicitor advised me as main parent to get a residence order otherwise will need ex permission till my child reaches age of 18, so if u dont have resdicnece order same rules apply to both parents

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content