Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      enofadov
      Participant

Made the mistake of looking at my Facebook photos and now I just can’t stop crying.
      I don’t think this is real. Feel so awful alone I just can’t get out of this

Twisted Sister
      Participant

All I can say is you won’t cry forever, the tears wll stop; its only natural to have this reaction and to give yourself this time to grieve, its so im portant but yes it can hit like a train head on and feel devastating.

Please take care of yourself tonight, treat and pamper yourself as best you can.

Warmest wishes. Ts

survivorandproud
      Participant

Hi enofadov,

I think one of the worst things for us actually is social media, it’s great to spread the word and speak to other women but in regards to Facebook it can make you feel a lot worse. I completely blocked my ex out but I still could see people I knew were still friends with him, liking his posts etc. It is much better to blank these things out and focus on yourself. Looking back will only make you upset. Stay strong x

KIP.
      Participant

I absolutely promise you things will get better. I’ve been where you are. You’re allowed to grieve for the loss of your expectations and a future you thought you might have but change is actually good for us. It might not seem like that just now but things will get better. I came off all social media and never went back on, I simply email pics and updates to people I want to keep in touch with. What you’re feeling is normal but ‘this too shall pass’. (Detail removed by moderator).  x

itwillbeokay
      Participant

Just read your post. I’m so sorry. I would be exactly the same, I almost jump out my skin sometimes if a timehop pops out at me that is sad and triggering. I completely avoid looking at anything like that but could easily be tempted one evening like you were too.

You are sad for the life you thought you would have, the one he, sometimes, made you feel you were living. His reaction to everything says he will not change though as he simply thinks he hasn’t done anything wrong, like mine. They are all so similar.

I know you are having difficulties with your support system and I think this must be making you feel very vulnerable. Please try and talk to you parents seriously about the effect their support is having on you at such a difficult time. I’m so glad you had a good talk with another family member but I think their reaction to things is not helpful to you atall when you really need them to try to understand the seriousness of the situation.

Always here on message. Don’t look back, focus on looking forward and focus on the positive things you have and feel and do.

Lots of love, keep strong xx

enofadov
      Participant

Thank you so much ladies. You really do help when I need it the most.
      I don’t understand why some times this is easy and feels like the best thing I’ve ever done and sometimes I feel like I can’t face any more?
      I need to get off Facebook or at least unfriend him but it’s like picking a scab I suppose, you know nothing good is going to come of it!
      I’ve had a better week I think. X*x

itwillbeokay
      Participant

Sending hugs.

I hope this week is an even better one and is more positive.

I can imagine how big a step unfriending on Facebook is. You will get there when you’re ready. My husband isn’t on Facebook but I know I would struggle. I’m struggling to say no more WhatsApp! As I can see a little window into his state of mind ie what time of the early hours is he looking at it. Although he turns that function off when he doesn’t want me to know! So I may aswell just block him and use text message. Anyway I digress.

I recently unfriended my husbands brother and anyone who I became friends with through him. It was hard to do but I don’t want them seeing my posts. Two remain still but they are now good friends of mine so I guess you’re never completely free.

No more looking at photos though. No good for you can come of that whatsoever. Look forward not back xxxxx

Get off facebook lovely. And stay off. Plenty of us nowadays history of da or not, don’t touch it with a barge pole.
      Too much gossip, not even fashionable anymore.
      Not proper security measures, facebook much criticised in national news for that.
      Plenty of other ways of staying in touch with people that don’t involve that
      all best
      ftc
      x

enofadov
      Participant

I hate WhatsApp for that reason too

Might start small with getting rid of his family as friends?

good move

enofadov
      Participant

Ok so I’ve made a start……Unfriended all his family (finding his brother and sister have unfriended me first)……baby steps

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content