Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HeasvHeart
      Participant

To everyone who told me to read about many different things – thank you.
      I have just finished reading why does he do that and it has made me see how what I thought was a yearly cycle is actually much more frequent, just more subtle.
      I do feel sick at the realisation but grateful for it too.
      I hope one day I can help someone the way you have helped me.
      Thank you x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, it’s a roller coaster ride to recovery. Just make the most of the good days and ride out the bad. It gets easier but concentrate on yourself and your recovery. Don’t know if you’ve read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. A book I was given by women’s aid. A real eye opener. At one point I thought I was the only person in the world being abused and then I read that book that could have been written purely based on my ex. These abusers can’t even be original. ✊️ Power to you x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m rereading it just now,KIP. Missed a lot first time round. Definately an eye opener.

IWMB 💕💕

diymum@1
      Participant

Ive just had the verbally abusive relationship delivered today. Cant wait to see what this is about. The problem is im seeing abusers all around me now. Not sure if that good or bad xx diy xx

HeasvHeart
      Participant

Hi KIP
      I did read the pat craven book but I couldn’t relate to a lot of it and it almost made me doubt what I was thinking. That being said, I couldn’t relate to a lot a few weeks ago but when I re read things it gets clearer and clearer. X

DIY, I know exactly what you mean, I’ve never read so many helpful things before…just fiction haha x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content