Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Does anyone else write posts and delete them because they are paranoid he’ll see them and use this against you like be has every other b****y thing? Been out for a while but still haven’t posted anything on fb that even vaguely discloses what I’ve been through in case its used, and that’s with blocking him and everyone he knows. Meanwhile hes posting pictures of his new girlfriend and lying endlessly. Im so bored with him still manipulating my life.

hop
      Participant

I never write anything personal about anything about my children or myself or my extended family. I never thought about it before. But I’ve written posts on social media, rewritten them and deleted them many, many times. Maybe we’ve kept huge secrets for so long it’s hard to let even a bit of ourselves out

Freedom19
      Participant

I think it’s probably better not to write anything that can be linked to him as he can use this against you,especially Names etc I often delete messages as I think best not to you never know.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

The way I look at it is that I don’t care what other people think of my relationship with my oh. If they take his side(which has happened) that’s their prerogative. I’m not going to explain why I left,if they can’t/won’t believe me I won’t go out of my way to get others to believe me. When a woman leaves a relationship (when anyone leaves a relationship)she doesn’t do so lightly. If anyone cared to look behind the facade they’d see the whys, but that would mean they’d have to care and most people don’t, not really. They like to be in amongst the drama, like those drivers who cause tailbacks when there’s been an accident on the motorway. We become the subject of gossips, because their lives are so perfect that they’d never allow their partners to treat them like this. Once any info is on the internet, it’s there forever, can never be taken down. Have you written down your posts as journal entries, like how you’d like to be able to do. That way you get the chance to say what you want without giving him any future ammunition. By not going on social media you are in control of the situation. You aren’t giving him anything to feed off of, no drama, no chaos. His posts, like all fb posts are only what he wants people to see. You’ve lived with him, you know what he’s really like, and sadly his new g/f will find out too. You could complete a disclosure form online, so that If he does start to treat her the same, she’ll find the relevant information, but you don’t have to. I eventually filled one out, took me months to pluck up the courage only to be told there was nothing to disclose, mainly because I’d been with him fir so long. But the police who were dealing with my case said to stay away from him,that he was dangerous and I know because I’ve done a disclosure that anyone in the future can be warned of his behaviour and hopefully not go through the torture that I have.
      Take care, you’re doing great. Sometimes it just takes baby steps to move on.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thanks Ladies x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You’re welcome. How are you doing today? 💞💞

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex posted several serious unfounded allegations about me on social media. I think it said more about him than it said about me. Anyway, by the end, he was so vile, no one spending even a moment in his company failed to understand what he was. Even his friends know he’s an abuser.

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thank you all. I’m ok thanks IWMB. I just feel shaken by every new mad bit of behaviour and though everyone tells me he’s showing his true colours, I just feel defeated. i think lack of sleep is getting to me. x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content