Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplerain
      Participant

After over (detail removed by Moderator) yrs living in fear of my ex I finally one day during one of his rages escaped and stayed away
      Over (detail removed by Moderator) yrs ago I escaped to a refuge with my young child however after promising me the world I went back
      It was the emotional control and torture that worse than anything physical. Cut of from family and friends, told what to wear, hair styles etc
      To fear someone and sometimes wishing you could died instead of facing it again is so powerful. Lying in bed fingers crossed and praying that if someone would stop it all
      I finally left however still not sure where inner strength came from and it’s nearly been (detail removed by Moderator) now. I then got diagnosed with breast cancer with (detail removed by Moderator) after leaving which believe me the biggest test ever. Said why me more than once! I am fighting the cancer which hand on heart think if still with him I wouldn’t of had the fight in me. I have my family and friends and feel safe in my bed at night. Long road ahead with the cancer but I am different person inside and out. The nightmares of abuse still raise their ugly heads but I know I would never ever let that happen again
      Love to you all and strength to stand tall xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Purplerain,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

I’m glad to hear that you left, that was a incredibly brave thing to do.
      Freedom is a human right and you fought back that right.

I’m sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis, I hope you have a good support network around you.

Take care and keep posting.

Best Wishes,
      Lisa

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Purple Rain,

You sound like such an amazingly strong woman.

I’m sorry for all you went through with your abuser, and I think you are right, your best chance of fighting your illness is to be far away from him. These abusers don’t allow us to be ill, to have needs, to rest or recuperate. You can now be in control of your own time and to do whatever it is that strengthens you and helps you to fight your illness.

Sending you loads of strength and warm hugs x

Purplerain
      Participant

Thanks guys those lovely comments brought warmth to my heart…
      No one can start to understand if not been there.
      Just know my 2 beautiful children won’t tolerate the c**p I did having seen it and it’s impact on me. Had enough of thinking I was the problem
      Amazingly now have my family and friends around
      All those years with him but can’t look back only forward to being happiest yet. Have big birthday this year and feeling liberated
      Love and strength to you all x

Cookie monster
      Participant

Good luck for the future, u really are a fighter and have
      Amazing strengths .
      Go girl xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lots of hugs and cuddles xx

Ladyglittersparkles
      Participant

Just wanted to show support.
      Happiness and healing to you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content