Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Itsjustusnow
      Participant

I have been looking at doing the Freedom Programme online, as I was abused by a covert n********t, does anyone know if this will help my recovery x

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi itsjustusnow,

This programme will certainly not harm your recovery. It gives you the information you need to process the behaviours of the abuser and understand how they work and how it affects us in all ways, including psychologically. It helps us to understand why it was so hard for us to leave and why we still have feelings for them and sometimes yearnings to go back to them. It’s an education that helps us empower ourselves and ultimately be free. Sign up for it, if you don’t like it you can always drop out, but I think you will find it very valuable.

Dreamingoffreedom
      Participant

I’ve been looking at this too. They offer face to face as well as online courses local to me. Are the face to face courses in a group? X

gettingtired
      Participant

Hi I’ve recently completed the freedom programme and found it helped. I’d already read ‘Living with the dominator’ so didn’t necessarily find doing the course helped me with the knowledge part as I’d already gone over that in the book, it was more seeing others on the zoom link and knowing there were others out there ‘in real life’ in a similar situation to myself. I’d say it’s definitely worth doing whether you’ve read the book or not xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’ll bring a huge awareness, recovering comes at its own pace (there’s no time limit) you may always have some depression/anxiety but get every kind of help you need don’t keep it to yourself, feel everything, I’ve found if I feel like I’m going under (don’t want to eat/talk to anyone) to do the opposite really push myself, freedoms the only way I knew what was what from my upbringing to my relationships, it is worth it.💜🤗💜

liftingthefog
      Participant

I completed the Freedom Programme (detail removed by Moderator) ago when my husband was arrested. I have been in a complete fog with him for years, constantly navigating whatever bullets are coming next.
      The programme is explained in a very clear, concise and logical way and takes only a few hours to complete (you can dip back in and out of it indefinitely as and when you need the help understanding what you have been living through.
      I have suffered (detail removed by Moderator) years of physical, emotional, sexual and financial abuse and can now see things much more clearly than before – my ‘healing’ journey will be a long one as I already had PTSD when I met him.
      However I did the programme online and it is the best £12 that I have ever spent.
      Take the first step in your healing journey by understanding what you have been going through.
      Good luck 🙏 x

Grey Rock
      Participant

Yes. I’d def recommend it. Also there’s a book called Out of the Fog which was very helpful for me, along with Dr Ramani and Melanie Tonia Evans YouTube videos. Melanie Tonia Evans also has a Facebook page but I’d be wary of posting on there as the posts are public.
      All these things helped me to gain sone clarity and self-understanding so that I could safeguard myself from further lovebombing and gaslighting, and feel more confident moving forward (by the time I left I’d kind of lost myself and constantly second guessed myself about every decision I ever made).

Good luck 🤞

GR

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content