Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Starlight
      Participant

I am currently waiting to get a place on the Freedom project. I was just wondering if others have taken part in this snd how it has helped you?

Tamra
      Participant

Hi yes I did it twice the 1st time I spent crying as it came to light how much my ex was in all of the personas and the 2nd I took it in and it was very helpful.

I also noticed that I was in them to – sexual controller however I was told that as I am aware of what I did to stop the sulking or mood he was in that didnt make me a perpetrator because it was a tactic I used to stay safe but it did upset me at first, I think it was really helpful even to explore what went on.

I’m about to start the next one – power to change hope its just as helpful.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

I have been to a few its worth going though I found it distressing it also gave me strength. Due to the hours I work I can only attend the odd one, Its not perfect but its better than nothing.

Good Luck.

x

Starlight
      Participant

Thank you so much ladies for the feedback. Its most helpful. I can understand it being distressing and at the same time helpful.
      I am going to give it a go and see how it goes. 🙂

Moon
      Participant

Hi starlight

I begin the freedom programme but I don’t think I was in the right place for it as it made me more scared of my situation and sometimes put me in more danger as I could see that he was those characters and sometimes I stood up to him because of it.
      I am going to do it again when I am abit stronger as it did give me knowledge and power. I would recommend it I was just too involved in my situation.
      Good luck and let me know how you get on xx

Starlight
      Participant

Thank you Moon. I am not diing it this month as apparently they are fully booked, which says alot about the men in the area, but perhaps it gives me a chance to get stronger too. Thanks for sharing 🙂

2BFree
      Participant

I’ve recently finished the program, it was really difficult and the reality of the lengths he’d gone to in order to have control was very hurtful. It is clear that had I not done it or had the support from ladies on here I would have been back in the terrible situation i left and may not be here to see this year at all. I made some great friends and learned so much!
      It is hard, it’s an emotional roller coaster but it’s so worth it in the end.

Starlight
      Participant

Thank you 2BFree,
      I am a little nervous about going, but think I must even though it seems like everyone says it’s an emotional roller coaster. I don’t want to go backwards, but forwards and I need to understand more and get more knowledgeable about this situation. Thank you for sharing

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content