Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      123cali
      Participant

I feel like i have been posting alot but I am so lost right now. I have suffered abuse which has resulted in me being called awful names and humiliated about my past. I am in no means looking to move on now but I feel like i will never want to be intimate with anyone again. Half of the reason is purely fear and the other is the words that have been said have made me feel repulsive and like i shouldnt go near a man again.
      In the future when I do want to move on, has anyone found therapy has helped? I am not keen on the idea of therapy because I’m not much of a talker, it even took alot to write on here anonymously but I feel like maybe it could be an option

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi 123cali

I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear about how you have been treated, those insults are not true. It’s understandable that you feel you don’t want to move on to another relationship just yet.

Some women find therapy or counselling helpful, there are also may be support groups available through your local domestic abuse service. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself and take one step at a time. It’s good that you have posted on the forum.

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are.

Lisa

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Cali123,

I think many of us will be able to relate to the feeling that having an intimate partner relationship is something that will never be ok again. The thought of ever being that vulnerable again is terrifying for me.

Opening up to a therapist can be very difficult but once you’ve built a trust between you it can be a very positive experience, even if it’s just a chance to verbalise everything in your head.

I’ve found this forum the most amazing space to learn and to not feel alone, i hope you too can feel supported on here 🙏🏼💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content