Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jackjack
      Participant

As for my son, he is going through a youth justice programme…i have no idea how he is doing. noone will tell me anything. One person I contacted said “why dont you contact his dad and ask?”
      I said do you know why I left the family home?
      No
      So you are looking after my son on the youth justice programme after he sent me death threats online?
      Yes
      Do you know why my son is so angry with me?
      No
      Wow. I left with the clothes on my back and his younger siblings and went to a womens aid refuge house. My son would not come because his father said if my son was to leave that he would kill himself with a knife.
      Oh.
      So hes angry cos I left him with an emotional abuser and my son feels trapped. Everytime I tried to get him free the grip would tighten and my ex would increase his emotional abusive tactics.
      What have you been working on with him?
      We have discussed Antisocial Behaviour Awareness, Victims of crime awareness and Drug and Alcohol abuse awareness.
      Ok, do you have any domestic abuse awareness training?
      No
      Why not?
      I don’t know.
      Do you work on Domestic Abuse Awareness with these young offenders in the Youth Justice programme?
      No.
      Why not?
      I don’t know.
      May I suggest you look into that, even if you just go home and educate yourself on such matters then you will not ask someone in my situation “why dont you just ask his dad?” Have a good day.
      I hung up.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I ENCOUNTERED SUCH IGNORANCE
      WHAT CAN I DO TO HIGHLIGHT IT AND PUSH FOR CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM

jackjack
      Participant

SOCIAL WORKER AFTER I LEFT MY ABUSER. My eldest son still at high school. refusing to go to school. SHE TOLD ME

“why dont you just knock on his door and get your son up for school?”
      “really? I have his younger siblings to get to school? Also I am not going to the home where I was abused in to do the job his father should be doing!”
      “but you’re his mother and you live close enough”
      “It is not safe for me. The last time I entered that house my ex had a knife in his hand.”
      “Well, take a friend with you!”
      “What?!”
      “oh the kids, get another freind to sit with the girls while you go around. Just knock and just say to…….”I am just here to see …….and help him get ready for school”
      I said “That kind of reminds of the time when I “just said” look I am just trying to get to work to my ex when he battered me to the ground”
      I hung up.

(detail removed by Moderator) She caused me so much anxiety I can tell you!

KIP.
      Participant

What a nightmare. I had similar with the Court and even my solicitor. Well done for complaining. That’s how we change the system. By not being grateful for the pathetic crumbs they throw at us. For standing up for ourselves and saying enough is enough. Power to you ✊️

iwillbeok
      Participant

That is so awful jackjack! I have been lucky in my dealings from WA through to GP and work. I chose my solicitor as they recognised that I hadn’t just been raped by my husband in a personality flip but that I had been in a long term abusive, manipulative marriage, without me even saying that much! Clearly recognised the signs. The first solicitor I saw didn’t feel he needed to know the details (my decision that it was unreasonable behaviour was enough) and the second was clearly not interested in my case once they realised I was not eligible for legal aid.

Ayanna
      Participant

What useless spineless individuals!
      I never say anything back, because my anger goes so hight (detail removed by Moderator).
      So, I never say anything.
      These so called professionals are uneducated to the max, not doing any service to the system, just cementing patriarchy and further abuse, educating the young to become abusers, even when they are not aware of how bad a job they are doing.

jackjack
      Participant

Im only just reading these replies. Thank you x*x appreciate them all

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content