Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleTinker
      Participant

Whilst in refuge we met as a group to discuss our different experiences and one of the ladies said she would never ever trust another man. I thought about this for a moment and realised that I felt very strongly about this: If I spent the rest of my life refusing to trust; closed my heart and mind to the possibility of friendship and love then wasn’t I still allowing my ex to control my life? In deciding to trust again I took back that last little bit of control x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi LittleTinker,

Thanks for posting this. Of course everyone’s situations will be different but that’s great to hear that you’re taking back that control.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi LittleTinker

I’d never thought of it like that. Question is, how do you learn to trust again?

I’m not ready to go there yet and like your lady I’m not sure I ever will be. How did you find the courage to take that risk?

Camel
      Participant

I think it’s important to trust ourselves to make good decisions. Rather than putting trust in someone else to care as much about our feelings as their own.

It’s about understanding what we want from a relationship too. In my case I’m open to the idea of a relationship but strictly on my terms. I have no wish to share my living space with a man. We all know how that goes. Automatically women becomes the domestics, the carers, the worriers. I intend to have my cake and eat it. But if that doesn’t happen I’ll still be content.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content