Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      DizzyFossil
      Participant

I didn’t mean for that to happen I just needed a break and found myself walking to the police station.

They took a statement then referred me to 2 other officers and now have arrested him. I did not want that.

I feel so terrible. What have I done? He will never ever forgive me.

DizzyFossil
      Participant

I feel dizzy and hot and sick and evil and like nothing can ever be the same again.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi DizzyFossil,

I can understand your shock and the sense of fear or concern that comes with it.

Try to breath and settle yourself a little. Do you have any strategies that you can use to help you calm down a little?

It is a pity that the police don’t discuss their proposed course of action with women and discuss any concerns. It could make such a huge difference.

Things will change now and they do need to change. Navigate your way through this gently and try to use it to keep moving forward. The ladies will try to support you as best they can. If you have a keyworker, please contact her and if you have family or trusted friends who want to help, then please do lean on them for support.

Now that this has happened, it may be the trigger that you need to work out how to keep moving forward.

If you are struggling to gauge his mood, the collective experience of the ladies on the forum can help. There is also the Women’s Aid chat line https://chat.womensaid.org.uk which the ladies have found really helpful. xx

KIP.
      Participant

You haven’t done anything. Something similar happened to me. I went to the police just wanting the abuse to stop and he was arrested. So I know the shock you’re in but it turned out to be the best thing that could’ve happened. I was in no fit state to help myself so they took it out my hands. He’s hurting you so badly that he’s been arrested. He chooses to hurt you. Get in touch with your local women’s aid for support x perhaps now he knows he is accountable for his actions he may think twice before hurting you again.

Free petal
      Participant

I really can relate to how you are feeling right now. If you can PM me and I can chat to you X

DizzyFossil
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words of reassurance. I have been able to stop any criminal charges as this was the last thing I wanted.

KIP.
      Participant

Please be careful. He’s going to punish you for this and you won’t see it coming. Keep your phone fully charged and on you at all times x

DizzyFossil
      Participant

KIP I have finally read The Dominator and can see why you recommended it, thank you.

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Dizzyfossil- hope you’re ok? Just reading through your post! I know it’s scary when they’re arrested I know it provoked the most horrible feelings.. how are you know?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content