Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have thought a lot this year about how interesting it is that the universe seems to always be guiding us in the right direction. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this sort of serendipity. Sometimes it’s not obvious but tends to make sense in hindsight.

My examples are:

I remember saying to my ex that it was almost like the universe didn’t want us to be together, as there were so many ‘bad luck’ incidents especially early on. For example, before our first date I was out and planned to eat in a certain place and then walk up to meet him. Out of the blue the cafe had a long waiting time for food, which had never happened before or since. It was a sunny day with no rain forecast for the week yet it suddenly began torrentially raining so I had to drive and find parking, and find somewhere else to quickly eat before meeting him. It felt like the universe was trying to get in the way of me meeting him, to help me.

There was then numerous problems with mobile phones, although he was possibly engineering these himself, and then we both got ill which delayed further meetings. There were so many things that went wrong I remember distinctly finding it strange and thinking the universe really did not want me to be with this man. I was drained after every date and kept falling asleep uncharacteristically, for hours on the sofa to recover. Once after he left my house very early on in the relationship I heard an inner voice whisper ‘Phew thank god he’s gone, you HAVE to dump him.’ Unfortunately I didn’t heed the warnings and ended up with him to my great danger.

The months after leaving were difficult, but I have noticed a lot of good luck/serendipity since finding a place to live. Firstly, I ended up crying on the phone to the agent about my situation and she was wonderful and kind and found me a pretty much ideal place in my budget. Then I found an old giftcard in my desk whilst clearing up with £50 for a homeware shop, just when I needed to buy some things to furnish the property. Next my work agency sent me vouchers to apologise for an error they made on a form. Next a lamp I really wanted was suddenly put in the sale and the shop gave me an even bigger discount as it was the display model, and most recently I was looking for a microwave for my new place when I stumbled across another reduced display model in a well known good quality shop and without me asking the assistant knocked off another £30 for me and arranged for it to be delivered for free! It has felt like the universe has been helping me out a lot recently because it is happy I have my own place and is telling me tha I’m on the right path. I know some of this might sound a bit far fetched but it’s a concept I’ve read about quite a lot in certain books such as Simple Abundance and The Artists Way and I am really noticing it happening a lot in my own life.

Have you noticed serendipitous things like this, ie almost like guardian angel hands helping you to escape and then helping you get on the right path?

Serenity
      Participant

I don’t really go around telling people, as certain people might think I was a loony, but I had masses of serendipitous things happen around the time we broke up, and they still seem to happen from time to time.

I’m sure that when we are acting in accordance with truth or true wisdom- and not fear or denial- the universe rewards us. It’s like we are being rewarded for facing our fears. x

Ladyglittersparkles
      Participant

Very positive post.
      Gratitude is a beautiful quality in someone.
      I’ve been very fortunate lately. Its reassuring good things happen!
      Not just good but amazing!
      This is what gets me through the darker times.
      Makes me appreciate moments all the more.
      I bet your home is feeling like a good place to be 🙂

citrine
      Participant

I completely agree.

I feel for me that the path I’ve recently taken was lit of for me and step by step there were more and more signs.

I think once you start opening up you become synchronised with the universe.

I also feel that I have a sixth sense kick in, I don’t know if it’s because I’m on alert.but it’s pretty amazing.

X*x

KIP.
      Participant

I feel also it’s because when we are trapped in abuse We seem to go from one bad experience to another. The world was so dark for me even if I found a £50 gift card I couldn’t appreciate the joy and fun it should bring. I would be too preoccupied anticipating the next dark moment so all the good moments seemed to pass me by. I now go from one positive experience to another. Anticipating the next good thing to come my way. Freedom smells, tastes and feels good. The sun has come out for me 🌞
      Enjoy spending!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I can so relate KIP to not being able to feel/see the good becuase of being in such a dark place and more and more noticing the good fortune, feeling the fun times and knowing there’s such good out there.

I found refuge to be aa refuge but was still so terrified and shocked that my days and nights were spent trying to just get through each day. There was a horrible vibe in there but it didnt alter the fact that we were shown such kindness, support and respect.

Its an emerging thing for me noticing the challenges and rewards in our lives without the cloak of abuse covering all.

This noticing of the good and helpful in life shows a swing to the more positive and a leaving behind of the abuse.

Warmest wishes. Ks xx

Dragonfly
      Participant

I call it karma working her magic x

Janedoeissad
      Participant

I have had some lucky moments whilst I’ve been with my partner but I sometimes wonder if the universe is trying to make my life easier because he doesn’t? Silly example would be if I don’t want to be stuck in the house with him, the sun would come out when it wasn’t forecast to and we’d get to go out. He’s happy we’re not stuck inside because of the rain and therefore not making my life miserable. And I get a few hours where I’m not being barked at. I welcome that small break.

However, I was far luckier before he arrived. So many negative things seem to happen now. I do agree with some that I’m probably more focussed on negative things as I feel negative quite often.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I’ve just realised that I never replied to this thread, apologies for that after all your lovely replies, and I’ve also realised that I got the word wrong – I mean synchronicity – when good things happen when you are on the right path.

In the Artist’s Way Julia Cameron gets you to list any synchronicity that has happened that week, and I think it’s a really helpful way to track whether you are on the right path. So many things were always going wrong with my ex, but since I left many more positive things have been happening, none of the weird strange disturbing stuff is happening anymore that happened when I was with him (and there have been tonnes of challenges to test me each day too!)

This week I had a meeting with a potential client for my little business venture. It was quite nerve wracking especially as I suffer with social anxiety but I have felt more determined since leaving to tackle new challenges because I want to be able to look back and feel proud at all I have achieved. I want to be one of those inspiring women who achieves success (however that may look) after experiencing abuse, pain and trauma.

The meeting went well, they don’t have any immediate work but they said they liked my work and would get in touch if any projects came up that were a good match. I didn’t panic or freak out or wet myself or do anything terrible so it was a successful meeting and has given me a bit of confidence to approach some more companies and get my work out there.

I also randomly decided to listen to a podcast today that I had been listening to when I had first started chatting to him, and it felt sort of like I’d gone full circle in a positive way. This podcast is really positive, all about creativity and getting your work out there (Magic Lessons by Elizabeth Gilbert) and the podcast amazingly mentioned domestic abuse and serial cheating, which I hadn’t remembered from the first time. It felt very healing to hear it again after the trauma and now in recovery, I’m going to listen to the whole series again as I have a feeling I will learn more from it this time around.

I will keep an eye out for any more synchronicities, I hope you are noticing some too! 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content