Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

I’ve never really thought about it before, it’s just something I do subconsciously. I’m a very visual person. When I read books, I often think that I’ve seen a film because the imagery is so strong. You should see the Sisterhood Sanctuary in my head. It’s perfect.

Anyway, I have an image of you all in my mind. I won’t tell you what those images are because I don’t want to stomp over the images you already have in your heads. But what I will say is, they are very lovely, comforting and empowering images. You’re all looking good ladies even if you do not always feel it. I hope you can all see yourselves as I see you. xx

Hazydayz
      Participant

Oh…Eggshells how lovely of you💐 & yes! I have wondered too!💞

diymum@1
      Participant

I know what you mean you try to imagine what we all look like. I have gotten to know some ladies on here and saw them for real. All very beautiful not just outward xx good souls 😘

Anonymous
      Inactive

We are too cute, aren’t we?? You wouldn’t say that if you saw me in the morning! It is amazing what we imagine though and how the mind will make it’s own sketch of someone. Can you guys all bunch up? I’d like to take a group photo here! Going to put in the cottage!

diymum@1
      Participant

I’ve been told I look like a chip munk! Oh well !

Anonymous
      Inactive

And did you tell whoever said that – sorry for your inferiority complex standing so close to my light that you are blinded!

Headspinning
      Participant

Hey it would be awesome if we could all get together And have a party (yes – I know we can’t!) but it would still be awesome!!

Eggshells
      Participant

😜 Got over excited and wrote what I thought would’ve a great idea. On reflection it’s not! Would leave us all vulnerable. 😔

Eggshells
      Participant

Might head over to the sisterhood sanctuary one evening though and see if anyone wants to party there.

littledove
        Participant

Tomorrow night, get the gin at the ready 🤩

Hazydayz
        Participant

🍸🍸chgin!chgin! littledove got you a gin! Enjoy the party!🤩💃💞

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hey Eggshells that’s a great idea! See you all there! 😎🧐 😃 🤩 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍻🥤🥘🥘💃💞💃

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Love this! Totally get this Eggshells-great post. I’m in littledove! x

Hazydayz
      Participant

Eggshells. In our face masks! & Rubber gloves! Safe distancing, we’ll all look gorgeous and safe too! Alcopops in hand🍸🥂 & great mocktails being served🍹so no worries! 💞

Eggshells
      Participant

Well, I don’t want to disturb the peace inside tha sactuary. Whatever the weather is like outside your window, it’s beautiful at the cottage. I hope Braelyn won’t mind if I set up a marquee in the field. We won’t need face masks then!

Wiseafter
      Participant

Fab post – so good to read all the responses – you never know one day we might be able to get together for real. That would be amazing, until then, I’ll with you at the imaginary shindig at the cottage! Cheers!

Tobfree
      Participant

hi ladies
      sounds like a fantastic party it will be such a laugh with us all
      so many lovely kind hearted strong lovely ladies on here xxxxx
      it feels like home at the cottage home baked foods and lovely drinks and lots of laughter and good company
      im hopeless at baking lol so i will bring lots of party nibbles and crisps etc
      so what music shall we listen too or shall we have a few mixed tapes with every bodies fav songs on so we all get to listen to each others fav songs as well as our own .
      we could dance the night away lol maybe we should have a karaokie machine so we can take turns at siging or reciting poetry we wrote ,as i cant sing i sound like a cat in pain lol lol .
      what else shall we do ladies
      and one day im sure we will do this for real and meet up with each other xxxxx
      i also imagine a real sactuary cottage for a hoslistic healing retreat is possible for us ladies after all we are amazing incredible ladies so talented so incredible nothing is inpossible

Same-again
      Participant

I want to be the smiling ME, the kind and loving ME. The one dancing round the fire, free and happy. Music is playing. I feel life an elf. Cheeky, happy, kind. Whole. 🙂

Same-again
      Participant

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content