Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      thankgoodness
      Participant

I just want to thank everyone on the forum.

After months and months of suffering in silence, the police are finally going to speak to the familial abuser. What a relief! Things are moving forward, always believe in hope, there is a way out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

KIP.
      Participant

That’s wonderful news. I really hope they can help you. Perhaps have your abuser removed. Please cooperate with the police and ask then to help with your ongoing safety concerns x

thankgoodness
        Participant

My abuser thinks it’s okay to abuse women. He has no respect for us. The police understands this and yes I will ask them about my ongoing safety concerns. The police told me to keep a log of all the abuse my abuser has been doing to me. I have written the time, date and what abuse I’ve suffered from the abuser. So far, I have written (detail removed by moderator) violent events my abuser has done to me this year in 2020, and it’s only February. The police will save me from this abuse hell.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done đź‘Ť you deserve to feel safe.

Sunshineee
      Participant

This is great! I’m glad your feeling more positive it’s great to hear! I really hope the police help you, they were amazing for me I couldn’t have asked for more x

thankgoodness
      Participant

Hi Sunshineee, apparently my abuser escaped getting in trouble so police did nothing. I feel trapped, I feel like my familial abuse is my hell. I feel like there is no way out . I thought things were moving forward but this abuser keeps playing mind games and keep escaping responsibility for the domestic abuse. Sometimes I just want to die but somehow I’m surviving.

KIP.
      Participant

Do you have support from women’s aid? You need outside support to get out of this situation. Just keep reaching out as abuse thrives on silence. So break that silence x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content