Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

i had a call (detail removed by moderator) that changed everything, it was from the police just to let me know the case will not be going any further, i thought that was it but oh no i have now had a accusation made against me and i have to go make a statement. Just when i thought things couldnt get any worse. I was in bits, cried till i was nearly sick, didnt go to work and now its all going around in my head.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, my ex made an accusation against me too. It’s how they try to muddy the waters and deflect the blame. Who says you have to make a statement? If it is the police then I made no comment. Ring the helpline or ring rights for women before you do anything?

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

What was the accusation if u dont mind me asking?
      The police said its a voluntaty statetment.

KIP.
      Participant

I will personal message you x

Dear Chocolatefudgecake, don’t worry too much about this, but yes do what Kip advised about saying No Comment, or if it were me I would tell the the police the truth if you have done nothing wrong. I would feel proud and honoured to meet with the police and them them the 100% truth about the lying cheating loser (try to take this with a pinch of salt, there may be repercussions of doing this that I may not appreciate). These men are basically out and out liars, they will lie to try to blacken your name and make themselves look like the victim. If you can get your head around them being dishonest liars you might find this easier. Shortly before we split all of my ex’s family & friends gave me the cold shoulder. He told them pure blatant lies about me. I can only guess the things that he said, he is a lying dirty p*g and I’m so glad to be rid of him. Try not to worry Chocolate, I know how utterly stressful it must feel, its because there has been some contact, that is why. This will all blow over within the week and you just need to maintain full No Contact as you have been doing. X*X

KIP.
      Participant

Be very very careful when you speak to the police about an accusation. If you say the wrong thing, they will have no option but to charge or issue you a warning that may go on your record. Even if you just admit to calling him names in a temper, that can be an offence. No comment or take legal advice first X the police station is not the place to get things off your chest X too many women are caught out this way.

Yes you are probably right KIP i’ve not got any experience of talking to the police about this sort of thing.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content