Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Missingmyself
      Participant

Since he left I’ve become hyper aware of how the normal things I used to do were things I was always on eggshells about – hoovering, blow drying my hair, putting the dishwasher on in the evening or the washing machine were all things I was scared to do without kind of ‘checking his mood’ first as he used to look at me like I’d just drowned a kitten as the noise p****d him off and apparently I ‘should do this stuff before he got here so he could watch the telly in peace 🙄🤦‍♀️ Now i find myself asking the kids if they mind if I do these things and they look at me like I’m mad haha.
      Is just a little thing but it makes me happy I can do what I like now with no atmosphere or undertone 😁

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Omg, my husband is the exact same. Ive actuallt lost all interest in my house as i cant do anything spontaneously. Evenings or weekends were the only time i could do those things as i worked 6days. Now chronic pain prevents me doing the simplest of chores. Even now decades later I’ll still not hover if he’s home

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content