Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve been told I ‘don’t deserve unconditional positive regard’, that I ‘ruin’ things, that I ‘gave up family rights’ when I moved out of the family home, that they ‘don’t care’ about me, I’ve been called ‘selfish’, ‘inconsiderate’, ‘sl*t’ and been told to ‘f-off’ over the years

And I’m doing my best to not let that stuff in any more. I’m an adult, I’m trying to build my life up, Have a better present and future and I know it won’t be as easy as just not letting it get to me, of course it does, but I’m focusing on being my authentic self, on trusting my gut and my decisions

I guess I want to post here about it as I try to believe more in me

Cosmicasca
      Participant

Sending love, you can do this. Remember another person’s opinion of you is just an opinion. You know you and your story. Let them judge xx

cakepops
      Participant

Who is telling you these things – is it family, colleagues, friends, your ex, your children?

One of the things I found hardest in leaving my abusive relationship was coming to terms with my entire life changing. I lost many friends as he told everyone so many nasty untrue things about me. Other people just didn’t understand my situation, or found it uncomfortable.

I’ve had to make a new life for myself, and it is painfully slow. Over time you will find people who believe in you and can support you. Sending hugs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content