Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Borntobefree
      Participant

So it’s been nearly (detail removed by Moderator)yrs since I left my abuser
      I was so ill with depression and anxiety I was signed off work and put into work related ESA .I have the chance of a job to do 10hrs a week I know I will be safe there and I be working beside family means I don’t have to get a bus either to get there because it’s in walking distance
      Iam finally finding me again and iam so happy I have been given the chance to get my life bk on track

Just wanted to say well done for this. This is brilliant. I’m sure that many of us are also on work-related ESA and hopefully I may be crossing that bridge sometime also
      thanks for post
      ftc

KIP.
      Participant

Really well done. I’m also on ESA. Would love to get back to work. What an achievement! I know how hard it is to regain some sort of normality while living with or recovering from trauma.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I am also on ESA due to my mental health, and would love to get back into a job I can manage. Well done for looking after yourself and then finding a manageable job, I am sure it will help you rebuild your life which is so tough to do after the bombshell that is abuse.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Thank you ladies
      Its not been easy to say the least
      One point I was so scared to leave my home… Iam still recovering from the abuse.. There is light at the end of the tunnel.. I pray for you ladies you will get there time is a healer X

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Well done, take it slowly and 10 hours is great. I went back to work 22 hours and tbh was a bit too much and was overwhelming. Im ok now though and just wanted to say well done and it is one step at a time x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content