Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Melonballs
      Participant

First of all, I want to thank everyone! I’ve been reading your posts before I joined and you’ve all helped more than you’ll know.

I’ve been married a few decades,give or take the odd year.

I’ve realised now, that there’s been controlling behaviour right from the start of the marriage, gaslighting and general put downs disguised as ‘jokes’.

These are just a few of his behaviours.

There is so much more I could say, but we all know how it goes, and I’m done moaning – it’s time for action!

A diary is being written, Drs and work have been informed, and I’ve uninitiated contact with a women’s agency. (Got to contact a solicitor again, I saw one back in Jan, but have forgotten what was said)!

So thanks all, again. Without your help, if of probably faffed about for how many more years!?! đź’–

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. You deserve better and it seems you have the measure of him. It’s your time now to look after yourself and take back your life. Such adventures we can have when we are free x just remember not to let him know about your plans to leave. Get all your ducks in a row and stay safe. It’s the most dangerous time for us when we leave or soon afterward x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Melonballs,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for sharing with us. It is great to hear reading the forum has helped you towards taking the next steps. I hope you continue to find the Forum a supportive place.

You are doing brilliantly! Please do keep posting to us to let us know how you are, we are here for you every step of the way.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

Melonballs, it will be tough in the beginning but will be so worth it to live without abuse!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content