I was the last to leave like I was just left behind. Not worthy
      I don’t feel like a survivor
      He’s minimising what happened as I must have been horrible for me
      Today I just want to turn back the clock to get a different ending
      All the time’s I wanted to leave and didn’t

Hc

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Headcook, Things are very different for you now and you do have quite a journey ahead of you. It is so difficult for us to leave our abusers behind but you also have your motherly instincts to deal with. You must be dealing now with some very mixed emotions at the moment. You have been used to being surrounded by people and it will take a while to learn to be on your own and lockdown makes things even more isolating.

You are out now and you can begin to put a new life together. That means allowing yourself to grieve; it’s a really important step.

As the lockdown lifts, more opportunities will become available to you. I can’t remember if you have an outreach worker?

Now is a good time to start to put a support network in place. Maybe you could start with your GP. You may also be able to get some counselling to help you transition into your new life.

Just take things one step at a time.

Statshine
      Participant

Eggshells thank you so much for your comment it has really helped me I also hope it helps the op

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content