Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ridiculous but i feel at a loss now ive changed my number obviously so i dont hear from both exes. But im kind of thinking it could be me with the problem as it didnt work out with either of them

KIP.
      Participant

It is definately not you. You are on a website for victims of domestic abuse. Do you think your abusers are doing this? You are blocking their numbers. Never ever doubt yourself. You lived through the abuse. You know how you suffered. Sometimes our brains play tricks because the truth is too nasty to think about. Hang in there. As the fog of abuse begins to lift and your confidence returns, it all becomes clear

Serenity
      Participant

What helped me realise it wasn’t me was getting in touch with Women’s Aid and them telling me he was a ‘typical’ abuser from what I told them; reading books like Lundy Bancroft and realising he fitted a mold; attending the Pattern Changing course, support group and this forum and hearing the repeated ‘Oh, he sounds exactly like my abuser!’

We’ve all experienced similar treatment which makes us want to shout out, because these abusers can lie and try to gaslight all they want, but we know deep down that their behaviour is sick and wrong.

Trust your gut and that voice inside that tells you he is neither normal nor nice!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content