Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

I’m having a really bad day today, I am just so torn and fighting this battle inside myself about what to do.

Every part of me wanted to make this work, we have children together and all I ever wanted was for us to just be happy together forever. I am still clinging on, trying to change myself (listen, no one is perfect and I have faults that I am working on) but I am also dreaming that HE will be different if I change.

Then he carries on with the exact behaviours that I don’t like (swearing, in general, sending the kids to bed for crying, not putting any effort into talking etc) and my body inside yells at me to run! Why can’t I run?

I see the behaviours and I have been led to believe that I am at fault for some of it. I can accept this, I have been plotting my escape it’s true. But I see no effort on his part to try. We both know at this moment in time I will not do a thing, and that’s why he isn’t trying at all.

I have to accept that the life I dreamed of will not happen with him, and I am grieving for that right now. I don’t feel strong today..

With love,
      Overcome

ashestobeauty
      Participant

I keep hearing this expression but it’s so so true “don’t beat yourself up.” They want us to feel bad and guilty about our faults. It’s a way to make them feel superior. He will NOT be different, you cannot fix him. I tried for many years to fix my husband and I invested way too much and got ZERO return. He can never be the person you want him to be. Please forgive yourself.
      Keep talking to us.
      Blessings xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello there, well done in reaching out💞
      None of this is your fault, thete is nothing you can say or do that will stop his behaviour, he chooses to find fault wirth everything around him in the home. Have you seen him treat others in the same way or does he(like mine), tell you he doesnt stand from nonsense from anyone, doesn’t care who they are(inc boss and work colleagues). Having to change who we are, how we think, God sometimes how we chew food and breathe, to make anither person happier, that’s abuse!!
      The only time you’ll see him’trying’ is when he feels he’s losing his control over you. So I hear you saying you’re planning to leave,just be careful because this is when they change their tactics.
      Keep posting. Xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content