Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Baba2020
      Participant

Can someone please help me.my husband has an alcohol problem. After kicking off Xmas (detail removed by moderator) and me staying in bed (detail removed by moderator) I had arranged to go to my friends with the children for new year. As I no he’s gonna get smashed kick off and be vile. I’m scared now I’m in a tier 4 area I have to stay home with him. He’s got his (detail removed by moderator) bottles already and I no its just gonna be awful of I stay here with him getting drunk

Hetty
      Participant

You can still go for your own safety. Any lockdown rules allow for you to go to a place of safety or for a cooling down period. You can see what’s to come. Get you and your kids out even if it’s a temporary measure xx

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hetty’s right, lockdown restrictions don’t apply to victims of domestic abuse. I’m so sorry you’ve been having such a bad time this Christmas. You dont deserve any of this. Take the very best care, go to your friends house. You made a good plan to get some space, stick to it if your friend is still willing. Call the police if you cant and he kicks off, you dont have to endure his awful behaviour xx

Baba2020
      Participant

I am so glad i asked. I did take the kids somewhere safe. I knew it was the right decision. He got drunk was verbally abusive in texts and my neighbour saw she saw him struggling to walk drunk. Wgilst we were out he packed his stuff and has left

Hetty
      Participant

I’m so glad you weren’t at home with your kids suffering anymore abuse. Is there anyway you can make sure he stays out? Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Nows the time to get a non molestation order and change the locks. It’s much easier to get an occupation order too when he isn’t living there. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline for more advice. Take advantage of this space he’s given you.

Baba2020
      Participant

Yes. Hes started the begging and crying now and he dies have a key still. So will call tomorroe and get some advice. I feel like a massivebweight has been lifted and its like we can all breathe again. Thank u fir your advice

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Baba2020,

How you are doing since posting? Please do reach out for further support and contact the police if you feel at risk at any time.

Let us know how you are doing when you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

You can also ring 101 and talk to the police about keeping him out. There are new domestic abuse laws that can buy you time. Ask about serving him with one of these until you can get some legal orders in place. Depending on where you live x you know he’s coming back when he feels like it whether you agree or not.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content