Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Newgirl
      Participant

Does anyone ever feel tired from trying to be strong putting a mask on and pretending you are ok? I feel like I just want to shut out the world for a bit but I know I can’t x

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh yes!

I had a couple of visualisations that used to really help when I wanted to hide.

Both involved me disappearing into darkness. As I disappeared, all my problems were left behind. No-one and nothing could find me.

Not sure if it would work for you but it might be worth a try.

If I’m right in thinking that you are out, please be reassured that it does get slowly better.

Try to give yourself a break if you can. See if you can shelve it all for a couple of days. Indulge yourself in whatever you like (tears, chocolate, wine, favourite films, walks in the countryside, whatever you need) to help recharge the batteries.

You will get through this but self care is a priority today! xx

Newgirl
        Participant

Hi thanks for this no I’m afraid I’m still stuck here trying to find my voice

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah and then I stopped doing it, felt everything, acknowledged everything, see my mask was making me front and cover up feelings and more abusers were coming along doing the same things to me again and I was stuffing it all down using different crutches (alchohol/food/smiling when I wasn’t happy/going along with situations I didn’t like) so I stopped I just stopped, it was hell for a bit but now I’m honest with myself with everything
      💜🧞‍♀️💜

Newgirl
        Participant

Well done that’s such an amazing step for you to take.

Anonymous
        Inactive

It was really horrible for a while newgirl but I was going around in circles, another problem with it was I wasn’t seeing the facts about other people either, makes it easier to disconnect from situations and people that aren’t good or benefitting (leaving behind can be lonely scary an horrible) but I won’t go back to how I was “ever” 🧡💕🧡

Newgirl
        Participant

I bet it was horrible but you’ve done so well and come so far x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thankyou hun x it can be the same for you too one day, I don’t know your situation (if your in or out) but it feels like you’ve already disconnected from him in some way (which is a good thing for sure) 💛👼💛

Newgirl
        Participant

Hey lovely x I have disconnected but I still haven’t found my voice to tell him it’s over! It’s the mind games more than anything it gets so hard but I want out I’ve decided that and I’m sticking to it x it will happen when it happens I have hope x

Anonymous
        Inactive

You know what’s happening, his m.o so that’s a big thing, if not the confusion he’s caused could’ve kept you trapped for ages or ever! but now you know, you can make decisions based on that 🤗💛🧡

Newgirl
        Participant

Exactly lovely and once you realise you see it all! The comments the digs the looks everything that before you probably wouldn’t have thought twice about.
        Thank you so much for your support I couldn’t have got where I am without you all. Just a little bit further to go x

Anonymous
        Inactive

😚🤗💛

nbumblebee
      Participant

100% yes.
      Im so tired of fighting of being strong of pretending I just wanna curl up and sleep. Some days most days its just too hard right?

Maybe you could shut the world out for a bit go for a walk listen to some songs meditate just be you even if its just half an hour a day it will build up and hopefully you will find some joy some respite some self love.
      Xxxx

Newgirl
        Participant

Thank you x yes I’ve started shutting myself off and just taking time x I need to meditate that I think would help x I just want to sleep x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was in the beginning of my break up generally very up beat , even though I was still being harassed by my ex , I was determined to stick to my plan and get on with my life , as time went on and the silence from my ex seemed so real now it’s over , I started to get depressed and feel low over the end of the relationship even though it’s what I wanted , still I felt down and I was putting on a brave front to everyone saying yeah I’m good , really happy and deep down wasn’t feeling it . I think it’s best to admit your feelings instead of burying as later on it does hit you in a big way . It’s good to say yeah you know what , today not great day for me I’m struggling with whatever it is your feeling, but tomorrow I’m going to try to feel better . There is no harm in saying how you are feeling and I do believe it helps to release that negativity from your well being . I still get good & bad days even after so many months down the line , but I’m hopeful that my bad days will become less & less soon and I’m sure this will happen for you too x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Your feeling drained as your tired of the situation and they are vampires literally sucking everything from us . It doesn’t work and you know it doesn’t , your unhappy, but can’t find the strength to fight anymore. It’s easier to switch off from what’s upsetting you as it’s harder to face it full on , giving in as you just don’t have the energy anymore. I do know how you feel it’s heartbreaking, all I can say to you is once you find your voice to end your situation you will feel the weight lift off of you , it will be a hard journey , but so worth it for you in the long run x

Newgirl
        Participant

Thank you so much these words have really touched me x I want to find my voice so bad and I know it won’t be roses when I do get out x you are still dealing with the effects of your life I think that’s going to take time x*x keep going lovely we are all here for you for the good and bad.
        I hope I find my voice so soon x x x

Anonymous
        Inactive

You can shut the world out for a bit solitude can help you see things more clearly and have some calm and peace (it was in my solitude I realised how many energy vampires and energetically dark people I’d had around me) in my space my energy cleared, there’s always gonna be dark/n*********s/psychopaths/selfish/takers and evil people around,the fact we’re learning and healing really does show we’re the complete opposite 🤗💛🤗

Hazydayz
        Participant

Auriel, your words are so I sightful so true 👍

nbumblebee
        Participant

❤ @TheDuchess beautiful words x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content