Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      J@jmum
      Participant

So sick of it being a case of he “innocent” because the evidence is lacking, (court detail removed by moderator). 
      It’s like unless a man was to write down in blood I admit that “I punched you in the face Friday 4th July 2025 at exactly 4:15” then it’s decided that we treat it as though it didn’t happen/concerns don’t exist.
      It’s constant battle and he gets off Scott free at every turn! How the hell are the abused ever supposed to keep safe and get support this way, how are the guilty ever going to be stopped!!
      Dunno why I bother.

KIP.
      Participant

The very nature of domestic abuse is that it’s done in private. You reported him so it’s on his record should another victim come forward. He’s on the police radar now too. Try not to be too disappointed. The law is an a*s butyou showed him you won’t tolerate that. Well done. It took guts x

BeautyMarked
      Participant

This is a really tough situation. I am contemplating a similar course of action and think you are very brave to have done this and be so persevering. I am beginning to have a taste of why more people don’t come forward too. It feels so unjust and your feelings about it all are completely understandable. I wish more could be done to help victims as it often feels like such a lonely place and just feeds into feelings of doubt. Don’t stop persevering if that is what is right and hold on to your truth even when it’s hard x

maddog
      Participant

My ex is the same. Just because there isn’t enough evidence for a prosecution, it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. At least by now the police understand that my ex is a liar. I didn’t speak to anyone about what happened to me many moons ago. Something triggered it.

It is really important that we do report our experiences. The wheels of change grind slowly on, but hopefully by being able to report now, things will be safer for our children.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I downloaded a voice recorder app to get the evidence of him assaulting me. Risky but in my case, worth it.

Ohwell
      Participant

My ex is the same. He has got away with everything. The police have just dropped the coercive control, rape, breach of non mol order and abh against my ex and he had written a letter where he admitted it! It’s shocking how victims are treated. I don’t think I will ever report anything to the police again.

diymum@1
      Participant

in my experience they get away with this at first especially in contact j0@mum they give them the benefit of the doubt but when we see it through their patterns of behaviour trip them up and it becomes plain to see. they cant help or stop themselves in their behavior – these men tend to hang themselves with time – so keep persevering xxxx love diymum

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree, DIYM, but sometimes I used to think the authorities were waiting for my ex to kill someone before they stepped in.

diymum@1
      Participant

this is the thing its not unreasonable to offer safe contact arrangments the problem is they dont want to look to deeply in to the background of dv but why? money maybe women and kids cost too much ? xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content