Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Living Warrior
      Participant

I’m out of my dv relationship and in a new one. Which is amazing.
      The bad days are fewer and fewer.
      I must deal with my ex as we have children together. Currently there is no contact. Other than court. But I feel run down with it all.
      Every stage he attempts to muddy the water, there are clear police reports and evidence of the abuse after I left, but as many of us do, i want aware it was abuse while being together and just muddled on the best ii could.
      He has stated that he is the victim, I have assaulted him etc. All with no proof. I just feel like everytime I report him, or have to deal with family court he tries to twist it around to me being the problem. There have been many choices given to him, different ways to gain some sort of contact, but he either f***s it up or refuses to do what is asked. It’s as if dragging me bk n forth to court is his way of abusing me more!
      I’m tired, I’m fed up. I just want a normal stable life with my children. What most people take for granted.
      I know I’m a strong person, but today I feel like I have nothing left. Sorry for my whining I had to get it out somewhere, it was eating me alive.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey I know how you feel. I went through the same. He pretended to be the victim. Lied and basically made a total arse of himself. He doesn’t hold the power he once did over you anymore. He can’t pull the wool over the legal team. The facts speak for themselves. Someone on here once told me to sit back and watch the show. Good advice. When it comes to you and your truth. You lived it. Try to think of a choppy sea and the rock of truth is in the middle. That’s where you hang on. His lies and nonsense are the waves that will try and wash you off. It’s not happening. So let the feelings wash over you too. My favourite saying is ‘this too shall pass’ and it shall. He will always be the same deceitful abuser while we have the chance to be free and improve. No experience is wasted if we learn from it. So let him have his stupid games but I struck back every time. Exposing his lies. Keep absolutely everything. Txt messages. Emails. Photos etc. And step back from his crazy. You decide how you want things to progress. You’re in charge now 💪. Today is a bad day. Tomorrow will be better so be very kind to yourself x

Living Warrior
      Participant

Thank you so much, your words mean alot. I love the explanation bout the rock and waves. Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂 it means alot.

KIP.
      Participant

💕

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content