Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Diverdi
      Participant

So I’ve always been a bit shy, and slightly weird/socially inept.
      Between that and the treatment by my ex I’ve been really nervous about trying to make new friends and just hang back at school drop offs, don’t ask people to meet up assuming that they wouldn’t like me.
      Today I messaged 2 school mums and arranged to meet up. They both answered straight away and were keen to meet up. I feeling thrilled and a little bit nervous. My boys, who have been asking to meet up with their friends for months as so excited they are practically bouncing around the house.
      I’m only recently out of my marriage, and have spent the last few months obsessively reading around DA and feeling a bit ‘Meh’. Really hoping this is a first positive step to getting my life back

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Well done Divderdi, that’s a great step to take and such a lovely response. Good luck with it all, let us know how you get on. It is like going back to school yourself isn’t it with the little ones and having to make friends with other mums. xx

Camel
      Participant

Hi Diverdi

This is brilliant! You’re in no way alone in feeling socially awkward. I’m in awe of your bravery. I’m sure it will be great.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Diverdi, Excelient news. You made me chuckle at the thought of your little ones bouncing around. Happy days. Just be yourself and enjoy. xx

Bingowashisname0
      Participant

Amazing first steps Diverdi, that’s so good to hear. I can completely relate to your fears of people not liking you. You’ve made a brave move and it will continue to get better as your confidence grows. All the best to you lovely lady x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content