Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      shine bright 2
      Participant

Not massive for most people…but I’m covered in scars. I’m Muslims so shorts and the not totally out of place. Still some visible scars at the top my legs. Did it. And it was good. They loved. Proud of my little self…how daft is that

lover of no contact
      Participant

shine bright,

Wow, that is such healing. I remember you got those scars from him. It is so amazing that what he did to you did not stop you swimming and having fun swimming with your children. I bet your little ones have had a lovely day and are sleeping safely in their beds tonight. I remember when you were all cowering in your beds from him and his abusive, violent behaviour. Now you and your little ones are really living and not just surviving.

Its true, there is life after abuse. Well done and thanks for sharing it. And you should be really, really proud of yourself.

KIP.
      Participant

Really well done. You see each time you become stronger. Lovely memories for you all too x lots of people have scars for lots of different reasons. Nobody’s business πŸŠπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸŠπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

shine bright 2
      Participant

Thanks all.
      You are right KIP…I just thought no one else’s business. We had a great time. Used to go I the water when was on holiday…but completely covered so no the same. He wud be angry if he knew I went to a mixed swimming.
      Lover of contact- I remember the day he done it and the days after. I can’t forget how it hurt. He had to dress me for two weeks after because I couldn’t do it coz it hurt too much. For along time. Eventually I was so ashamed. The scars were a symbol of my failure…of not being a good wife.He always made it like he had to teach me. He used talk about correcting things. Now I’m looking at it more that they are symbols of survival. I’ve wobbled a bit recently about him being In prison for now but the Freedom of taking my children for a swim…such a silly things..has made me stronger again. There were so many things that used to be frightening….maybe I looked at someone or maybe I didn’t show him enough attention or I didn’t help his mother enough.

You only need to do.something like that once to have them exactly as you want. Now I can choose what I Do!!! One time he use the cord (detail removed by Moderator) to treated the kids. He made them stand against the wall until of everything of them owner up. They were crying. He got distracted by something….but we were so scared. Now we are not scared. The kids are not perfect…but we don’t live like that.

Thanks so.much to people on here who helped get me through those times and to where I am now.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi shine bright,

It is great to hear you all enjoyed swimming together. You are making happy memories for your children.

Be very proud of yourself!

Best wishes,

Lisa

shine bright 2
      Participant

Thank you Lisa. I hope that I can replace some of the bad memories with good ones. We keep taking get small steps and doing the things we never did before. This website has helped so much…thank you

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Shine Bright

What a courageous survivor you are. So proud of you and what a wonderful role model for your children.

You are a star. Keep up your victories.

FS X

shine bright 2
      Participant

Thanks FS. Sometimes I feel like I have no courage at all…but I’m just trying to take time steps forward and hoping that my freedom doesn’t come to a crushing end…good things to come in hope.

Serenity
      Participant

What a brave woman you are, Shine Bright!

Carry on building those magical memories with your kids. There’s still laughter and beauty to be experienced. You’re going from strength to strength, you truly are. x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions β”‚ Privacy & cookie policy β”‚ Site map β”‚ Protect yourself onlineβ”‚ MediaΒ β”‚Β Jobs β”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content