Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moomin
      Participant

Firstly wanted to say thank you for all of your replies to a recent post. The post had to be removed and I understand why. But I wanted to let you know it was very supportive of you and helped me to feel a bit better.
      I still feel distraught that I had to sit and listen – I was too frightened to say much because I know he mirrors everything. It’s almost like I feel I can’t give anything away about how he’s making me feel because he uses it against me. And the ‘person in charge’ of the whole thing just gave him the ability to spout all the apparent things I did or have done. It was hell. I don’t know how to move on from this – has anyone ever written to complain to these powerful people? (not my ex, IYKWIM). I think I need something concrete to do about this. In just a few hours I now feel like a shell of my former self, crying and feeling like no-one understands.

Hello Moomin,
      Just writing you a note here. It is Sunday morning and sorry you are feeling down about this.

I’m finding it difficult to say anything about this situation as I don’t know the specifics and you can’t say, but as always it seems a really good idea to return to looking after yourself in the first instance. Whatever the situation is, it seems it can wait for a short while, until you have some space for yourself and have thought it through.

Yes, it might be a good idea to act on it. Take some action as it were. But my suggestion is, only if you are feeling ok in yourself, relatively.

Sorry that is a bit vague, didn’t want to read and run.
      thinking of you
      well done for posting, keep posting
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Moomin, I’m not sure if its appropriate but, I have a good relationship with my MP and a few MSP’s, could you go to one of their surgeries and ask their advice. It’s amazing how supportive our political friends are in regards to domestic abuse. Also getting to know these people, it makes it easier to write to them when DA issues come up in parliament and how as survivors we feel whatever they’re discussing needs more of xy or z before it becomes an Act of parliament.
      Just wanted to send some love your way and fir you to know you’re not alone. 💜💜
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content