Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

When I go to bed I try my best to relax but
      My anxiety leaves are high with pulplations going
      Thought my heart I dont like the feel to the
      Pulplations in my heart I get scared . Does anyone
      Have any advice they could share with me how to over come thease pulplations please?.

Because I am not geting much sleep when I do fall asleep I jump out of my skin it feel as thoe someone punch me in my heart and sometime I
      Feel like I am drowning in water when I try and go In to a deep sleep its horrible it wakes me up has anyone experienced this ? .

I wish thease pulplations would go away worries and negative thoughts just come on like that .
      I feel physically and mentally worn out of not sleeping it’s very exhausting.

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hi Rosemary,

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this. I do know exactly what that drowning feeling is like. I suffered with severe anxiety and insomnia for most of the years I was with my abuser. Towards the end I felt like you describe a significant amount of the time; like I was drowning, suffocating and barely keeping my head above the water. I was severely underweight, my hair was coming out in handfuls…and I didnt know I was being abused. My body was screaming at me to leave, to get myself to safety, and I was ignoring it. Ultimately my husband violently assaulted me and I realised what was happening was abuse. I will say it wasnt the first time he had been violent but the emotional and psychological abuse had been going on for our whole relationship. I thought I was going crazy, he had made sure of that.

Please reach out to womens aid for support if you haven’t already. Nothing improved my sleep or anxiety apart from leaving. The abuse kept getting worse and so did my symptoms.

I sleep through the night now, like a baby. I have put on weight and look 10years younger. I’m not on any medication and I haven’t had a panic attack in months. It took time to recover but I’m out for months now and I cant remember when I felt better. You can feel better too, please keep reaching out for support, you need and deserve it. This situation is making you ill.

Sending a big hug xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Hawthorn

Thank you for reaching out to me bless you thank you for your advice I’ve been emaing women aid and useing there live chats they are very helpful . They told me what I am feeling is normal liveing in an abusive relationship they said but it’s never right for me to feel in this way.

my ex husband was very violent towards me he made scares on my body he beat me up and rape me he
      Was abusive man I went thought hell with him
      I left him and I had been on my own for a while
      I met my partner and his abusive controling his get angry and annoyed very quickly gives me threathing behaviour his threaten to hurt me
      His made me life feeling on the edge for many years with the things he does and the worry he puts me under I’ve not had the best of look with
      Relationship I’ve not had a break from abusive or physically and mentally abuse .

I think it was my bad mistake telling my partner how my ex husband treated me because I feel my
      Partner doing the same as him but it different ways as he nows how I was treated in the past he must think it’s okay to treat me in this way .

I am finding it hard to live my partner thinking
      What would my children think of me leaveing there dad I always think they would not be happy with me
      But at the same time my children dont like it when there dad gets abusive towards me and get angury gives me mental toucher it’s not nice for my children to see this either. My children get upset sometimes when there dad geting angury at them for
      Something little. My partner dont like it that I
      Stick up for my children when my partner giveing abusive to my children I will be there for them
      Always. My partner expects me to be on his side when his in the wrong.

In the past when his gave me abusive I’ve been shakeing alot my body trembling my whole body shakeing that much it’s hard to stop .

I am so sorry you been thought the same as me
      Its horrible feeling we are drowning in water and geting constance pulplations in my heart .
      Feeling exhausted is horrible even when I tell my partner that I am trying to go to sleep as I am very tired he will not leave me alone because lack of sleep I end up feeling dizzy and haveing a temperature feeling weak . I need to have sleep so I can feel better I got lots of pressure on my heart .

Thank you for careing I will continue to get advice and surport
      .my situation is makeing me poorly I feel I am geting worse and it’s just no fair for me to feel poorly I take many tablets for my heath conditions even for Stress I take tablets.

If I left my partner would he ever find out where I live ?

Sending you hugs back

Sleepypigeon
        Participant

Hi rosemary, I feel like this alot recently also. I wake every morning with a feeling of dread in the put of my stomach for what lies ahead each day. I have been free for a short time but its a rollercoaster. I can be ok then my heart starts racing so fast like it will burst out of my chest and it makes me dizzy. At night recently I also get this when going to bed. I have tried having a bath, reading, and more recently meditation which I listen to with headphones to try to relax and allow me to sleep. Sometimes it helps but mostly I am getting a little sleep only.
        I am emotional because of the lack of sleep and I feel so exhausted and emotionally drained. Each day is a struggle.
        Sending u hugs. We are all going through such difficult times, but u are not alone. I’m sorry this was supposed to be a helpful post but I wanted u to know that how u are feeling is normal. I have been where u are. I to have made the wrong decision with relationships. You have left before I read and I no you are a strong woman who can again take back your life. We shouldt blame ourselves and we can get through this. I believe in u. X

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello sleepypigion

Thank you for careing it is horrible feeling we
      Are going to draine in water jumping out of my skin it makes my heart goes fast we have this for a lack of sleep I always hope I get some good sleep one day but it never happens. Sorry that you go thought the same as me it’s not nice .
      If I read a book it dont relax me I live playing relaxing music sometimes that works but other times it dont. For my comfort zone I sometimes have to put music on to go to sleep with it takes a while to get to sleep sometimes it works other times it dont.

Thank you for being here for me I appreciate it .
      Every day I worry because my parnter puting our house at risk by not paying the rent properly we are in big det and he dont care but this is banging my heart race because I now they will end up doing court proceedings like that did some months back this worry me so much because I have children and there no way me and my children are sleeping on the street . His behaviour not acceptable he controls all the money which is wrong .I feel lonely in my heart it’s nice for you to say I am not alone my partner makes me feel alone . I get flair ups every day Jue to stress I take tablets for this but still get flair ups that make me feel dizzy like I am going to faint . I’ve
      Been poorly for a long time with different heath issues my partner makes me poorly with the things he says and does my life and my heath got worse sence I’ve been with him .

I was strong to leave my ex husband but I dont understand why I feel so weak that I cant leave my partner

Thank you for your hugs sending you hugs back bless you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content