Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      littlemisshope
      Participant

Hi all

I left my ex a short while ago, and much to his annoyance I refused to be friends with him on any type of social media after we split. For the last 2 weeks every day I get a message from a friend to say he has tried to add/follow them on social media. I’m not sure if this is behaviour I should worry about, part of me thinks it’s probably just morbid curiosity, or even boredom, but the other part of me worries that it is a bit stalker-like behaviour and it makes me feel anxious. Should I be concerned? x

diymum@1
      Participant

it may be that hes trying to get them on side, its called triangulation, have a look on google its a tactic to try to gain contact again to resume what they were doing. make sure your friends simply block him, id ignore him from there xx hope this helps xx

Flowerchild
      Participant

You can be sure he doesn’t intend anything good by it, Littlemisshope!

Abusers will try to isolate their target by spreading rumours, telling lies, portraying themselves as victims and manipulating others to influence you. I would message your friendship group to alert them and ask them to ignore or refuse his request. If they don’t you may have to prune them from your friends list. Remember, he will be able to access posts in which you and any of your friends have accepted his request tag each other. Look to your privacy settings!

Flower x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

It’s his way of keeping tabs on you through third parties. Warn your friends and double check your own settings and get your friends to check theirs too.

IWMB 💕🐟

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Make sure you update your privacy settings xclude ‘friends of friends’, ensure all options are set to ‘friends only’.

It might be possible also to set your Farcebook page up as a closed group and add yopur friends in only.

If him find you on Farcebook, or any social media puts you at risk, then I seriously wouldn’t bother, and would avoid any social media.

Warmest wishes ts

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content