Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Have gone back on social media, reconnected with an old friend, have arranged to meet someone else (trying to be as cryptic as possible on that one as it’s quite an identifying situation) and am hopefully doing a days voluntary work in the coming weeks too.

Am still reeling from what’s happened, find I’m reliving the trial over and over and have a whole new set of triggers for my ptsd and even more trauma. But I’m okay…trying to get back to normal and start to live a normal life again.

Sending hugs. xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done. Take baby steps and don’t take on too much until you’re sure you can cope. If I go back on social media it would be under a different name and only my closest friends and family would use it. The brain chatter from the trial will lessen, once again it’s just your brain processing it all. Good luck in your voluntary work. I hope it brings you satisfaction and purpose.

Thank you KIP. I’ve gone back under my real name, but with a very closed private profile – have been very meticulous with my privacy settings, and only have family and actual friends on there. My location remains hidden. There is now an order in place so if he did decide to message me, he would be in breach.
      Hope the brain chatter goes away soon, am hoping to get back to counselling soon to finally start dealing with the trauma and the added trauma of the trial.
      x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi LBP,

I’m glad you are feeling stronger!

I am sure you will really enjoy the voluntary work.

Make sure you protect yourself within social media. I am on FB, but don’t post about my personal life. I generally post general things. I wouldn’t want my ex to know what I am up to, nor any other perpetrator for that matter!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hiya LBP! i feel for you… i really do… there’s nothing worse than having to revisit this stuff but like KIP says wholeheartedly agree, baby steps, rest and draw breath. Lots of rest and pampering for you! thats an order! haha!

you take care lovely of you and your LO. you got strong before and you have every reason to know you will again, take your time.

warmest wishes KS x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

oh, and a word of caution on FB … if you look up others, you will appear in their ‘people you might want to friend’ so it will be obvious you have visited them, but hopefully if your settings are tight they will not be able to friend request you, or read your page, etc. x

Suntree
      Participant

Well done for starting to find your feet again 🙂

I didn’t know that Karma o.O

My settings are quite tight, so only friends of friends can friend request me etc, and all of my posts and things are private. It’s just family on there at the moment and a handful of close friends.

Still waiting on counselling…I suppose these things take time. Helped a lady today who has just left her perp, if felt nice to help someone again 🙂

Thank you all – xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content