Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shewillbeloved
      Participant

Hi. I left my husband a couple months back. Since then he had withheld my son from me. He has got a (detail removed by moderator) and I have (detail removed by moderator). The social worker involved has basically sided with him. I feel completely lost! (detail removed by moderator). I don’t know what to do. Where to turn to. He is using my mental health against me. Which has actually improved since I have left.
      Does any one have any advice or been through something similar.
      Thank you in advance.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Shewillbeloved

I am sorry to hear about your situation, it must be really upsetting not seeing your son.

If you haven’t already you could get in touch with your local domestic abuse service to see if you could get a support worker who will be on your side and support you. You can find their details here; https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting, we are all here for you.

Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Shewillbeloved

I feel for your situation which must be very distressing for you and your son. Your gp will be able to evidence the improvement in your mental health that points to it being directly attributable to abuse, and therefore your son is at risk of abuse also.

I believe you could possibly ask for a different social worker? Also there is an organisation called Family Rights Group, who work with situations such as yours where there is social services involvement.

I bet you must feel utterly lost with this situation after having been abused by him to then your son be taken by him, that is awful for your son also if you were previously his main carer.

Do keep talking through on here and getting all the support you can to help hold you up while you do the hard work of fighting this and coping with it.

warmest wishes

ts

Shewillbeloved
      Participant

Thank you! (detail removed by Moderator) How can he even do this! It is now making me second guess myself. Maybe it was all me? I’m so lost and stressed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content