Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Starla
      Participant

Perhaps predictably he’s trying to get the kids to live with him on the opposite side of the country. They’re too young to give an opinion (detail removed by Moderator). Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, it’ll never happen, but I am very worried, how can I not be?

KIP.
      Participant

Of course you are going to worry. He has programmed you to worry and you have lived in fear of him for a long time. It’s going to take a while before his voice and thoughts are over ridden with your own confident voice. I was extremely paranoid and anxious and fearful of his retribution for a very long time. Even after realistically I was more than a match for him with all the support around me. Try to think what you would tell yourself looking in as an outsider, you would say to listen to the professionals, they know best. He’s doing this to us nerve and upset you, these men always do and the courts know this. How much time and effort has he actually put into his children. Telling you not to worry isn’t going to help. We are mums and we worry. However perhaps looking at your situation from outside may reassure you he’s clutching at straws x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content