Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiffany
      Participant

This is a bit of a weird one for positive moments, but I think it counts. I have been going through a bad patch of depression, I think possibly trigged by a new medication. I have been feeling absolutely f*****g s**t. The positive to this, which I realised recently, is that my negative thoughts have not been centred on the abuse I experienced. The bad things I have been thinking about myself have not been based on the things that my abuser told me. It’s just common or garden depression. And that it weirdly reassuring. It feel like maybe I have turned a corner and my life is no longer defined by the abuse. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope that I can find a medication that does what I need from it without the depression element…

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Tiffany

So pleased that you have found huge positive out of this negative.

I hope that you feel better soon.

FS

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Great to hear good news! All great steps in the right direction Tiffany.

Warmest wishes ts

Tiffany
      Participant

Thanks. I have been to the doctor and am starting new meds in a week, once the old ones have had a chance to cleary system. So I am trying to be optimistic. Had my first flashback in ages last night, but I managed not to dwell and now can’t remember what is was about, so all in all it’s pretty good.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content