Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Lyng
      Participant

Prior to posting here, I found refuge in a writing community, posting stories. He discovered my pseudonym, found them, and took that place away from me. I no longer feel comfortable posting there.

Your online persona,” he calls it. As if the things she has written about have no basis in reality. He calls her psycho, and delusional. As if the mere uttering of those words somehow makes it true. Oh dear God, what has she done? In her naïve and trusting way, she did not fight him. Thinking it was somehow best the kids visit him. That he wouldn’t lie and manipulate and psychologically warp them like he had done to her for so many years. That he wouldn’t have need to do so without her in the picture.

But of course, she was wrong. With an absence of physical evidence of such things, what can she legally do anyway? The law is clear. A father has a right to see his children if he hasn’t abused them. How does she prove that he has been systematically altering their memories, and substituting his version of the truth? After all, she was told not to involve them in such things, and as such, she has not discussed most things with them. The girls now believe she was “just as cruel” to him as he was to her. That she “cheated” on him. That drugs were not a factor in his illness or in their break up. That he didn’t steal from her and the family systematically for years. For goodness sakes, even “facts” about his own family he can’t keep straight. The names, dates and ages, all distorted.

The latest episode, over child support, only illustrates the damage that has been done. It isn’t the problem. What he has done over the last (detail removed by Moderator) to alter their memories, is.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content