Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Hello ladies

Wondering if anyone knows exactly what happens if there are ‘undertakings’ and he breaks these promises? Anyone? Lisa? I know it would mean contempt of court, but what would I have to do in this situation? How do you inform the court contempt of court has occurred? Would it mean I’d have to go back as well? Or would they deal with it?

Thanks

diymum@1
      Participant

I’d make sure this is the right way forward because they use this when they feel it’s less serious. So it’s a step down from an interdict / molestation order. Abit like a minute off agreement rather than an order. I see they can enforce it too but I’d make it clear it’s not a promise you need when we all know what abusers are like xx they don’t change their behaviour ❤️❤️

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi fizzylem,

My advice to you would be to get some legal advice. If he’s breaking these undertakings then maybe something else needs to be put in place. Are you still in touch with your support worker? She should be able to give you some support with all this- help you access more legal advice, give you some advocacy with the court. Remember the Rights of Women can also give free legal advice.

Take care,

Lisa

fizzylem
      Participant

OK, thanks ladies; good point DM x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content