Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Sometimes…waking so early? For reasons unknown? or annoyingly, because nature calls!… my body,forcing me awake, from precious sleep,to have to get up go relieve myself; when I just want to shut my eyes and drift off again in the semi darkness of the breaking of day. I’m rewarded I realise, as I drag myself out of my bed to sit, upon my thrown!(smiling) The relief! Then awareness! The sudden night becoming day moment… Beautiful, birdsong! The breaking of silence…the dawn chorus! It’s heralding reassurance of a new beginning. A brand new day begins…Good Morning to us all💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hazydayz,

Thank you for such a positive and optimistic post, it’s so important for our self care and mental health to appreciate these small joys in life.

Take care,
      Lisa

Hazydayz
        Participant

That’s ok Lisa! Sharing and caring…💞

Watersprite
      Participant

It’s the simplest joys of freedom lying on the sofa watching what you want on TV kids falling out without being oppressed and feeling like they want to bring their mates round and getting into my own bed on my own and smiling to myself that it is safe. Enjoy those moments Hazydayz they were hard fought for I’m sure

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hey Watersprite. I agree! One other thing to add…freshly washed bed linen! Hung in the warm breeze to dry, double heaven scent! When bedtime too! Cosy and snuggled alone to sleep sweet dreams… oh so comforting and blissful! Don’t you agree?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content