Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Everyone, The University of Bristol, with Women’s Aid, have been commissioned by the Oak Foundation to carry out research into coercive control, including the use of prescribed medicines, treatment or drugs as part of coercively controlling domestic abuse.

We are seeking input from people who are over the age of 18 who have experienced coercive control from an intimate partner or ex-partner (e.g. husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, civil partner) whether currently or in the past. We recognise that coercive control and abuse can also be perpetrated by family members and carers, but this particular survey is only looking at experiences of such abuse from an intimate partner or ex-partner.

We are seeking information specifically on experiences of abuse and coercive control where a perpetrator has included the use or misuse of prescribed medicines and treatment (including denying access to or enforcing vaccinations and birth control methods) and other drugs (including illegal drugs) as part of their abuse.

If you would like to take part in the survey, please take a look here

The survey will be open until 19th September

Thank you for your continued support

Best wishes

Lisa

gettingtired
      Participant

Hi Lisa, could you post a link as I can’t find this survey anywhere please?
      Thank you x

Lisa
      Main Moderator
        Anonymous
        Inactive

I wish this post included alcohol as a manipulation cos that’s been a bane of my life till now , like oh let’s play a drinking game ( your answers weren’t good enough so you have to drink) or let’s go out for one last night out , I know we’re over , then the plying of way to much alcohol and here we go we’re back at their house getting taken advantage of and being told in the morning we are back together why are you trying to leave then being accused of playing mind games, or full on someone having sex with you when your too drunk to consent then that person making out to everyone that your so up for it ( leaving out you we’re inebriated and they were straight sober) I’ve also been around people that go out with the intent of going to clubs to sleep with girls and never using protection , I’ve also been given Cocain at a house party while drunk and a small white pill that knocked me out for a while at another house party , I was with friends that night so nothing happened to me , but I think this thread should include alcohol too, I don’t drink drink much anymore to be careful and if I do it’s only with people I trust , thank you for listening and taking the time to read my post 💛💜💛💜

Anonymous
        Inactive

Sorry I meant the survey not this post , not been sleeping well and a bit poorly 💝

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Auriel,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experiences- it is most appreciated.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Lisa

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you Lisa 🌷

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lisa,

I’m happy to participate. My ex-abusive parnter used Cannabis as a part of his coercive control and abuse over me.

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Thank you cherry@roses.

Lisa

Sunshines
      Participant

Hi

I’m
      On prescription medication for anxiety and depression and I’m dependent on them.

My alcohol habits and intake went up dramatically a few months back and my ex would often get me wine
      When id had a drink he would abuse me the most playing on the fact of had a drink. Il be happy to participate
      Xx

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Thank you Sunshines, we really appreciate your contribution.

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content