Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

Itโ€™s a (removed by moderator) since I left now and Iโ€™ve not been posting here because by the time I finish typing things change. Iโ€™m utterly exhausted but struggle to sleep there is so much to think about. Yesterday all the professionals contacted me, like a tsunami following the long bank holiday! I guess they all received their emails on the Tuesday so they made contact yesterday. Housing, benefits, therapy, social services, GP and a well-being person. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Iโ€™m obviously not used to single life after being married for many decades. The safe house uses a smart card to prepay for gas & electric… I ran out of both at the weekend. ๐Ÿฅถ

I have and still am feeling overwhelmed and alone despite the services contacting me. Covid has had such massive effect on my life before I left and now. Itโ€™s a bit like because my eyes donโ€™t see people itโ€™s hard to believe they are there??? Does that make sense?

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know Iโ€™m still here, in the safe house with my youngest son ((removed by moderator)) and I still come to the forum multiple times a day.

Thank you again for your support here, it has been such massive help. ๐Ÿซ

PS I do love a good emoji!!! You may have noticed!! ๐Ÿ’

KIP.
      Participant

Itโ€™s going to get easier. I had to limit myself to three things a day. It could be cooking ๐Ÿณ , opening Mail and bringing the bin ๐Ÿ—‘ in. So donโ€™t think you need to do everything at once. Pace yourself. Your headspace will be full of trauma. So break everything down in to bite sizes. How do you eat an elephant ๐Ÿ˜? One teaspoon at a time ๐Ÿ˜€. And maybe set yourself one call to return each day. I was always overwhelmed with the need to deal with it all right away. You donโ€™t need to. In fact eventually I would leave everything at least 24 hours before responding x

Busyditch
        Participant

Yay… emojis!!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Busyditch.

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ‘

Glad to hear you’re safe.

Try not to let it all overwhelm you. Just one thing at a time. You need time to settle, wind down and reboot.

A whole new, safe life awaits you. xx

Living Warrior
      Participant

I am so proud of you and so so happy that you got the courage to leave. Like everyone had said, one step at a time.. do not rush, as it basically can set you back.
      Always be kind to yourself, if u struggle with this then imagine u are ur own best friend… if she came to you with this situation what would you say to her…
      This technique helped me alot and still does.
      Good luck on ur journey x*x

Eggshells
      Participant

Another week has flown by! How are you getting on?

Busyditch
      Participant

Thank you. Itโ€™s been a long time coming but I feel so unprepared.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content