Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sunshineee
      Participant

I just wanted to write an update here, not even for anyone to read if they don’t want but more for myself to let it out, a release or something? I’m not sure. I haven’t been on here for ages and in that time it’s been a whirlwind to say the least, but I guess leaving an abusive relationship and dealing with the mess is like that. It’s been (detail removed by moderator) now, yet only feels like yesterday. He was released early and my mental health declined rapidly, I just found myself at rock bottom and struggling greatly. Iv always suffered with mental illness but this trauma has intensified it. I joined a group with (detail removed by moderator) and met some lovely and funny women, it didn’t take the pain away but it was nice to laugh and smile about a subject you didn’t think you could smile about. Iv been in contact with countless different counselling services both NHS and private and was getting nowhere I really had given up on the whole counselling front but today I had an assessment with a privately funded charity and it’s given me some hope (finally) and counselling starts next week. I didn’t want to have to pay but seemed the only way in the end. I finished my College course, came out with the highest marks (honestly shocked but over the moon) and started University recently…so during the worst year of my life there’s been some good moments too. I have a long way to go, but I really hope I make it to the other side x

KIP.
      Participant

If you can achieve such heights during times like these you can achieve anything. Well done you x power to you 💪

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content