Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I am starting officially tomorrow 🤗
      I’ve already spent the entire morning there today.
      The job is helping out in the day care (detail removed by moderator) looking after the small children (detail removed by moderator) (amongst which teaching gender equality and respect!!👍)
      I asked her to book me in as much as possible so she did. I will be working 30 during the week so this is actually my last afternoon off 🙃
      (detail removed by moderator)
      The little ones are cute, adorable, could eat them up and are as different as night and day from each other. Some are advanced some are not quite there yet for their age. (detail removed by moderator) There is plenty of work to do here educating these littles ones and my favourite word being No! I already employed it more than any other word. Got to educate and teach them about gender equality and respect while they’re young!💪👫

The manager finds me very suited for this job, she advised to reeducate myself and look into working in this field and offered me a place for an internship, (detail removed by moderator). I have zero experience in this field though, I usually work in office jobs, this is very different of course and I loved it.

I was able to tell her my story and she told me hers, she was traumatised and lost everything due to war in her country, and agrees with trauma being held into the body and social interactions being an important part of recovery. That’s how she started in this field herself, (detail removed by moderator) but started this as part of recovery. As I do now. Lol.

I can’t believe I applied for a volunteer job and end up with a potential opportunity of a total career path change 🤓
      I’ll give it of course half a year to see if this is really for me but I am exited for now.

Sending giggles and tickles to everyone 😘

Iwantmeback
      Participant

This is amazing new HLJ, I’m so chuffed fir you. 💪💝

Cecile
      Participant

Wow that gave me goosebumps! Well done I am so over the moon excited for you, you so deserve this!💕

Escapee
      Participant

What exciting news!!!

I am so happy for you! 💕

The role sounds amazing and so important.

Wishing you oodles of luck (not that you need it 😘).

Big hugs and love x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

You know who did this?

You did this 🙂

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you kindly my lovelies for your positive words, thank you 😌
      I did it 🤗 lalala 🎶

KIP.
      Participant

👏 bravo. You are an inspiration. One day it will be me too x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you KIP 😌
      You will absolutely, I’m positive 👍

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content