Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Just had my name removed and become anonymous for five years. I can still vote but he wont be able to find me through this process. Just something to think about if you want to make it difficult to be found. Otherwise any local library or council office holds your name and address which can be easily accessed by anyone. I hope to move home and im not making it easy for him to find me again 👍

Lightness
      Participant

As you say KIP – good riddance to bad rubbish!

Nova
      Participant

Great idea KIP ..my ex is just the type to do that! So I can’t find him for what he owes! LOL x

legobricks
      Participant

Such a good post for everyone to see.

I was found via the electoral role, he paid online and had the address in seconds. Woke up to the door being kicked in.

I didn’t know you could choose to be annoymous but keep your vote, thanks KIP

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, you need supporting evidence and you can apply online x

Well done kip 💐

And well done for highlighting it, I’ve also registered anonymously (got the form from my local council office and had to send a copy of the injunction as supporting evidence) it’s comforting to know that I can vote, but my need for privacy and protection isn’t compromised.

🌺

Ayanna
      Participant

My council has done this for a year and after that they just messed me around until I gave up.
      I did not know we can get this for (detail removed by moderator) years.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Ayanna, they do not say it on the form. I had to get a second form for someone to sign supporting my application. It was a Police Superintendent that did it for me. It sickens me how difficult things are made for us when we just want to stay safe. They will contact me annually to confirm I’m still at the same address x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content