• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Eve1.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I posted before about my daughter doing an hobby that was expensive. Well I’ve decided that we will afford it if she wants to do it. One of the reasons I like her doing it is that it’s at the weekend and on the one (not one out of two, as is often usual, no that is not convenient for him, do it’s less often that), when she sees her Dad, it’s less time she has to spend with him. This is not spiteful on my part. It’s that I genuinely feel the less time dwith him the better for her. She’s had a terrible week emotionally and I’ve been into school with her to see what help they can give and there a few more things to try, so I at least feel s bit more hopeful for her and so does she. She has not been able to decide whether to do this activity or not, which starts again tomorrow, the weekend she is with her Dad. I took a chance today and texted him to say she was doing the thing, could be give her lifts to and from it. He says no, he’s got plans and berated me about the lateness. Now she’s come home from school, not knowing this, and said she doesn’t want to do it as it’s caused her to much stress. So I’ve had to text him to say I’ll bring her tonight. (Her brother will be there so she wants to go).

So now I’m waiting for his response. I don’t care what out is. But I have to drop her ought tonight so he will either say something out just do the look. What I hate is he’s reeling her in. Now she goes mostly without her brother he pays her attention, when be didn’t before. Just annoyed with myself. Feel like he’s winning this game. Because that’s how he sees it. Evil man.

Eve
      x

Eve1
      Participant

Sorry about phone typos.

Eve1
      Participant

He replied ‘ok’ and made nothing of it when I dropped her off.

I’ve been pulled into playing games with him. And even manipulating? I felt a bit disappointed that she’s chosen not to do the activity, when if it is truly her choice then I should accept that. She, or she and I can do other things.

You live and learn.
      Eve
      x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs

You did everything right xx

Well done about not trying to force her to go. I think I may have which would have made things worse.

Sod what he thinks or says.

I know it’s hard not too let them get to you but you’re a great woman.

FS xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thanks so much FS

Eve
      x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content