Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Meekgeek
      Participant

Hi
      I’m new to the group and have finally taken the plunge to post something. ‘Walking in a fog’ is how I would describe how I am feeling. I’ve been in an abusive relationship for many years and for a long time I’ve been in some form of denial. (detail removed by Moderator) ago, I couldn’t take any more and found myself wanting to take my life rather than continue with the pain anymore. I’m still here because of my dogs, I couldn’t do such a thing to them, who I know, love me unconditionally. I pictured them tied up to the railings (detail removed by Moderator) and that made me stop. I was on a pathway. Right led to the (detail removed by Moderator) and left led back home.

(detail removed by Moderator) later in work, I nearly keeled over with the enormity of everything and I told my manager, everything, the suicidal thoughts and the abuse. Since then a lot has happened. I’m now on sick leave and my partner has been exposed for what she is. There has been good and bad and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to tell my story and through that, heal.

Meekgeek

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome. Those suicidal thoughts are what I had for years and I’m so glad it was your dogs that saved you and allowed you to finally seek the help you deserve. It’s a real roller coaster ride to recovery but you sound strong and strong enough to survive abuse. That’s why we are called survivors because sadly many of us don’t survive. Just take it easy. Baby steps. Make sure you eat and drink even if you need to force yourself as it will give you some strength. Be very kind to yourself too. It will take a while to recover but you will get there. Have you spoken to women’s aid? Do you have support from them? Walking in a fog is a good description. I slept walked through my relationship unable to make sense of anything. Like a big ball of knotted wool you need to slowly unpick the mess with the help of professionals. Just take all the help offered x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content