Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowcloud
      Participant

I took the kids on a day out today he’s been at work and before he came in I had eaten some crisps.
      I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth and he came in and just grabbed my hair without warning and yanked my head back and goes ‘what you doing’ I said ouch that really hurt my neck I had tears in my eyes and he starts laughing like gosh can’t you take a joke etc.
      He was really in a happy mood and jovial and it really hurt why do that? He knows I hate Anything to do with my head being touched aswell.
      Then he preceded to tell me he was going on a second lads homday later in the year even though we haven’t been abroad for four years he goes every year with his friends. I started shouting and getting upset and he said I’m trying to control him and his life etc and I can do what I like so why can’t he go. Which is just bull I can’t even go with my family without him kicking up a fuss.
      I said your selfish and he’s like I work what do you do all day nothing etc etc then accused me of being controlling etc.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. It’s pointless arguing with an abuser. They will twist and lie and change the goal posts. Mine would hurt and humiliate then blame me for being too sensitive. He is going nowhere. Looking back, he did things like that when I was in a good mood or happy. He just couldn’t stand to see me happy. Can you speak to your local women’s aid?

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

How awful Rainbowcloud, I’m sorry to hear what happened. It’s absolutely despicable to grab someone by the hair like that. They always do aggressive, nasty things like that then come up with some excuse for it, or somehow make it our fault, or say that we are being oversensitive/irrational etc.

My ex used to be very rough with me causing me bruises then tell me that I must bruise easily, as if it was my body’s fault for bruising!

It sounds very hurtful him booking another lad’s holiday when he is preventing you from going away with your family, typical double standards of an abuser.

Do you have plans to leave? I’d definitely ring the helpline like Kip said, they were wonderful when I rang and clarified that I was being abused when I was just so confused about everything.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content