Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve been having a very hard time lately and I’m crying non-stop and really struggle with thoughts (does he hate me? will he punish me? am I getting arrested? should I just do as he said and not be here anymore?) but I mentioned some time ago that I had tried to build a wardrobe and it didn’t go so well. Today I managed to fix it. It’s not a wobbly wardrobe anymore, it stands by itself. I’m really trying to think that’s a good thing so I just came to write that here, might be stupid but I just thought I’d try

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not stupid at all. You fixed the wardrobe. Know why? Because you can survive without him. You don’t need him.

My ex constantly me I was going to be arrested. It terrified me because he was such a liar and would say whatever he thought he had to to get his revenge.

Are you still with him or are you out?

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

He kicked me out some time ago because I reported his latest assault. He’s under bail conditions but I worry what will happen once the case is over if he isn’t found guilty. There’s no relationship anymore and i’m just very sad or angry all the time. I really needed it to feel good to fix the wardrobe but it didn’t, nothing feels good, but you writing it’s not stupid and I can survive did help to read so thank you for that. But now I kind of feel guilty oh it’s just all messy in my head. At least the wardrobe stands fine

Fudgecake
      Participant

I remember reading your post about the wardrobe. Well done on fixing it. It’s another small step in the right direction- keep going x

I think and feel this is a really, really important step with the wardrobe.

Do you know, I have a door on my child’s wardrobe that I can’t fix.

It is a considerable achievement of yours. and to be celebrated I believe.

all best
      ftc
      x

I think and feel this is a really, really important step with the wardrobe.

Do you know, I have a door on my child’s wardrobe that I can’t fix.

It is a considerable achievement of yours. and to be celebrated I believe.

all best
      ftc
      x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I think things like this matter a lot as we were trained to think we were useless and incapable. Fixing a wardrobe is impressive! Lots of people would ask someone else to do a job like that as it seems quite daunting but you did it yourself which shows strength, resilience and resourcefulness.
      I felt very proud earlier this year when I went to IKEA and bought two pieces of furniture, arranged to collect them, got them in the car, into my place and assembled them and now use them every day. when I see them now I still think it’s pretty great I did all of that, and a sign of what I can do, just like you with the wardrobe.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done. It’s a positive thing you did. I upscaled my old furniture by painting it. It was such a big step for me and looks great. Any little thing that brings positivity is great. Have you tried some mindfulness relaxation exercises. It’s important to try and relax to bring down the adrenaline. Even simple breathing exercises. Check out YouTube for some relaxation techniques. I like the one about balancing the chakras lol. Interesting 🤔

diymum@1
      Participant

im thinking deep here! but maybe this signifies change it shows that youve built something that has stability. this is what you will eventually build for yourself in your life i mean. hope that dosent sound silly – sending positive laws of attraction your way xx

much love diymum

Flowerchild
      Participant

Hey, you did well! I struggled with a bookcase I tried to assemble for my daughter’s rented place. Couldn’t make it stand firm and one of the shelf support pins disappeared. Next visit I drove those screws right in and used an extra to replace the lost pin. Success!

Small victories like this remind us we don’t need abusers around us messing our lives up just for a bit of DIY. We can do it for ourselves!

Well done!

Flower x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Every achievement deserves an applause and moment of recognition and goodness definately building a warderobe, this is huge and impressive. Now you see your achievement every day and you can tell yourself, if you can do that you’ll be able to do other things too. It is very positive, well done.
      Make yourself comfortable with crying, I cried so much lately, I had to switch from crying into my little handkerchief into a bigger kitchen towel.
      Sending you a big hug.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Thank you so much everyone x

It’s helped with the anger a lot, it might not have felt as good as I had hoped it would, but the anger seems to have gone for now.

I don’t know what I’d do without this forum, just thank you so much everyone x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I’m happy for you that your anger has subsided.
      Me too, eternally grateful for this forum, I can’t even put into words how much it means to me, I don’t know either what I would do without it…

Flowerchild
      Participant

Now you have your sturdy wardrobe you can visualise shoving him into the back of it and firmly shutting the door on him whenever he crossed your mind!

Power to your elbow.

Flower x

Seeingclearly
      Participant

The wardrobe was only wobbly until you found a way to steady it. When you are feeling wobbly, try to focus on how much simpler life will be when you have found a way through all of this and are standing as strong and steady as the wardrobe 🙂

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content